Sunday, January 10, 2010

monday - hurry up and get here!

I never thought I would be sooo excited for a monday... but any of you from KC know... that we have had a ton of snow... well over 240 hours of temperatures under 32 degrees.... and therefore; our kids have not gone back to school yet from Christmas break.......... ugh! really ugh... Love my kids dearly.... but mom has got to have a break....

Cleaning out the pantry.... actually, it has gone pretty well... we have had chicken pot pie, macaroni and cheese, quiche, tuna noodle casserole (kids weren't too crazy about this one), pork chops, meatloaf, ham and bean soup, left overs one night....we did have friends over on Jan. 2nd.... so I made a regular lasagna and a mushroom lasagna... (which was amazing! - let me know if you want the recipe!)

I did cheat a little.... December 30th or 31st (can't remember which) I did a huge grocery run and picked up stuff for the evening with our friends. But since then, I have spent probably about $90 in groceries... a little more than I planned.... but not as much as I usually spend. This means I only have about $30 to spend for the rest of the month...not too worried about it until the last week... next week we are having spaghetti, chicken sandwiches, hamburger helper (remember we are cleaning out the pantry - for some reason we have a box of hamburger helper...) shrimp with rice, chicken curry....

the spouse says we have been eating better than we usually do...I think he is stretching it a bit on that one.... but it does feel good to know I am using up what we have around the house! Although we may all gain 10 pounds from this experiment... we never eat this many desserts... but I had cookie dough, cake mix, cheesecake mix, angel food cake mix, etc..... that needed to be used!

Alright, I hear the timer buzzing on the oven.... gotta run.... but one final note... the quiche I made is from Julia Child's cook book - and let me tell you - it was fabulous! If you want that recipe - let me know!

Will try to include some pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment