Thursday, January 14, 2010

eat from the pantry challenge

well, my goal was not to spend more than $120 this month on food... not going to make it... to my defense...

1) I don't think I had as much in my pantry as I thought 2) the son is sick so I ran out and picked up sprite, jello, etc... foods that I thought he might eat while he isn't feeling well 3) I have used a lot of items that have needed to be used up.

For example, last night I made spaghetti - which I had to buy pasta for... but I did use up the meatballs that had been sitting in the freezer for a while. Every meal has included something that needed to be used up... so I do feel good about that.

Tonight we are having shrimp with rice... need to look for a recipe! Which leads me to a fun little website I found...http://tomsdomain.com/index.htm It has some recipes with good pictures and funny other little tidbits about Tom's travels and life...

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment